Shearling leather jackets are reliable and made with premium quality for breeze season. It is made with pure leather material with a soft delicate touch and outer layer covered with shearling. It is widely used for the well-known ‘Lammy coats’. Shearling coats are a little bit hotter than the Lammy material. It is the outfit that inhales and isolate naturally when you wear it. MauveTree specially targeted the traditional wear in the same period of time in the latest trends. Shearling jackets and coats from MauveTree are always focusing on the popularity of the product. Mostly these sheepskins are unique and it is necessary to take care of this stuff very well. Use the impregnation spray before you wear it. The same type of spray also used in suede and leather material. It also protects your jacket from heavy rainfall to avoid any damage. This spray is basically made with a non-silicon formula which is good for shearling or suede material. It will remove the spots from the outerwear to protect from water spotting and to resist soiling.
Sheepskin is an essential pelt that highlights softened leather on one side and delicate, rich leather on the other. Lightweight and lavishly supple, sheepskin is probably the best source for breeze weather protection. Its smooth fur strands are normally delicate stuff, wipe out raindrops for all year relief and comfort. Shearling is just sheepskin with the fur shorn little effect to make a uniform look and feel.Pursue the basic cleaning and care method point by point underneath to celebrate long periods of solace and style. Softened leather on one side and wooly on the other, shearling coats offer a bohemian unisex look that gives any one a feeling of style that is rough and joyful. To guarantee a long existence of wear, some particular strategies are required to appropriately clean the shearling.
Wash & Dry
For spotless wash and long-term usage, We advise you to use mild detergent or normal shampoo used for hair which are ideal stuff. Wash it in normal cold water. Don’t soak it and rinse it carefully and clean the moisture with the towel. Make it dry properly in the open air but avoid hanging in direct sunlight or try to use hair dryers can fade the natural oils and may cause damage to the leather of your outfit. You can use the brush to rub the fur side to make it dry. Some important habit to make your shearling jacket to clean the stain or any spot as quick as it appears on your jacket and doesn’t ignore it because as the time passes, the stains can’t be removed easily and you take your jacket to high priced dry cleaners. If your material becomes sullied then you have to take it towards professional cleaners to wipe it out. Sometimes your sheepskin jacket becomes wet then you can dry it in a slow process, not by placing it on direct heat and sunlight.
To protect the shape and structure of the jacket, you need to have a spacious storage area where you can hang your stuff properly in a curved hanger with ends on the broad while dry. Always try to protect your coat in a proper costume bag built with pure cotton or woolen fabric because these plastic bags don’t have access to pass the air to circulate which can cause some smell or damage the fabric of your shearling jacket. The same condition here, don’t hang your stuff on direct sunlight otherwise fading occurs on the leather.
Some basic steps to take care of your Shearling Jackets.
- Don’t try to put your jacket on a dryer or washing machine. Take some time and send it to professional dry cleaner.
- Don’t leave the stain on the outfit for a long time as it is difficult for you to remove it so better frequent clean is better for your product.
- Avoid taking your jacket towards the open sun or hot places as it damages the fabric of shearling as well as leather.
- Don’t dry it on direct sunlight as it takes the bleach out from the jacket.
- For long-term storage, protect it on the cotton bag instead of plastic shopping bags because it doesn’t pass the air.
- Store it on a long storage area to maintain the structure and shape of the jacket.
- Make the jacket properly dry if wet.
- Try to wash your stuff on spring season because the solvent is present on your jacket in winter and if you try to wash it in winter and solvent particles still present on it and unable to remove so it can slowly damage the fabric.
- Avoid mixing it with silicone stuff.
- Avoid attaching stickers on the material as it damages the fabric.
- 11. Wipeout any clear spot from the wooly side of your shearling jacket with a couple of tweezers.